Wednesday 2 June 2021

Pris Campbell enters the Mahmight zone

 





clanking bottles

SKEDADDLE crashes

through the windowpane


Pris Campbell




Pris says:

Disdain. Anger. Rage. Heavy drinking. Not wanting the child in sight. I see this as a child since the term isn’t generally directed towards adults, except as a comradely, ‘let’s skedaddle’. Angry words can break the spirit as fast as a fist.




One recent favorite from Pris of so many haiku:




after rain

a begging bowl 

full of stars


Billy Antonio

April 2021 cattails

http://www.cattailsjournal.com/issues/CattailsApril2021.pdf 




Pris says:

This haiku tugs at my heart. The beggar sits in the rain then, after, a sky full of stars beams into his bowl. Poignant and yet beautiful.




 

Waiting For Godot


VLADIMIR


We wait. We are bored. No, don't protest, we are bored to death, there's no denying it. Good. A diversion comes along and what do we do? We let it go to waste. ...In an instant, all will vanish and we'll be alone once more, in the midst of nothingness.



Withnail and I


Don't threaten me with a dead fish!



Thank you Pris Campbell!



NOTE:

View this haiku by Pris Campbell, and the Seven Bright points of haiku:

https://thehaikufoundation.org/revirals-271/










2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Alan, for featuring my haiku and Pris for nominating my poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mahmight thanks you, as do I!

      warm regards,
      Alan

      Delete

Lev Hart and Eric Amann

  Lev Hart said: “Please accept the following as my submission for the journal I might not like…” What’s not to like when something unexpect...